17th – 23rd August 2018
Event will start in
- Zahra Al Alawi has graduated from a Media and Television degree at the University of Hertfordshire in England. As well as being personally tutored by Islamic scholars and lecturers.
- She has been presenting and lecturing globally for over 12 years. She has lectured and chaired conferences around the United Kingdom, Canada, Norway, Dar Es Salaam, Iraq, Bahrain and Kuwait. Her Television talk show “Womans View” on Sky 831 broadcasted over 300 episodes interviewing a range of women.
- Zahra has also appeared on British media channels such as BBC, ITV3 and Channel4 speaking on Islamic issues.
- She has also been quoted in “The Telegraph” and “The Independent” news articles. Zahra had a meeting with the British Prime Minister in 2016 at 10 Downing Street where she projected to him the achievements of British Muslim Women.
Zahra Al Alawi
- Shaykh Mohammed Al-Saadi is a student at the Islamic seminary (hawzah) in Najaf, Iraq.
- He and his wife have been studying there since 2011 while spending their breaks teaching and giving lectures
- Shaykh Mohammed received his B.A. in Communications with a double emphasis in Electronic Media and Speech at the University of Michigan where he also minored in Philosophy and comp
Shaykh Mohammed Al-Saadi
- Brought up in London, United Kingdom.
- BA English – Queen Mary University of England.
- MA Religion in Contemporary Society – Kings College London.
- Regularly gives lectures and heads discussion circles in ladies and girls’ programmes.
- Final year Pre-hawza student at the Islamic College of London.
- Secondary school English teacher at the Al Sadiq and Al Zahra Schools.
- Writer for The Muslim Vibe.
- Previous – Editor and Writer for The Voice of Unity magazine, IUS. Intern in several Publishing companies.
- Born in London.
- Studied Islamic studies at an early age under his father whilst simultaneously finishing his secular education.
- He obtained a BA in Islamic studies from the School of Oriental and African studies (SOAS university of London).
- He teaches hawza curriculum.
Sh Shabbar Mahdi
- Psychology at Brunel University.
- Worked at Imperial College as a Research Assistant and Clinical Studies Researcher.
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology at London Metropolitan University.
- Currently works as a Counselling Psychologist and High Intensity CBT Therapist at CNWL Talking Therapies NHS Trust.
- He is a visiting lecturer in Professional Counselling Doctorate at London Metropolitan University and visiting researcher at Imperial College London.
- He has a particular interest in CBT and Humanistic (Person-Centred) approaches along with the processes that constitute the therapeutic relationship.
- He has in excess of 8 years of clinical experience in both the NHS and the private sector.
- He has published a number of journals, as well as presented research at conferences.
Dr Said Aris Tarabi
- Canadian Iraqi psychotherapist, also known as The Muslim Counsellor.
- Passionate public speaker in Muslim Mental Health, Social Justice , Islamic issues and poetry.
- She has worked locally and internationally on a variety of mental health initiatives working tirelessly to break the stigma around the topic within the community.
- Berak also speaks on a variety of Islamic and Psychological issues bridging the connection and misconceptions around Islam and mental health and Islam and women.
- Having successful workshop, media and lecture tours in the UK and Australia,
- Working with youths and parents with cross cultural generational dialogues as well as motivational and mindfulness talks, Berak continues to encourage people to reach their full potential with the motto of: Inspire Lift Empower
- Shaykh Ali Abbas Al-Yusufi is a student of the Islamic seminary of the holy city of Najaf
- He was raised in London, UK
- He has a Law degree from the University of Westminster, London
- After pursuing his religious studies in London and Pakistan, he moved to Najaf in 2009 with his family to continue his studies at the Islamic seminary
- During his breaks, he teaches and lectures in the UK
Shaykh Ali Abbas Al-Yusufi
- Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A
- Graduated from Wayne State University, majoring in Psychology
- Studies in the Islamic Seminary of Najaf
- lectured and taught a variety of classes in Islamic studies
Corporate Wellness Specialist
- maximise staff productivity through mental and physical training
Founder of ZigZee media agency
- Social media specialist
Dr Mahmood Mawjee
- PhD – Business Process Management (City University)
- MA – Islamic Studies (ICAS)
- Hawza (ICAS)
- Moody’s Cooperation
- Visiting Lecturer (City University)
- Alayn Social care foundation
Dr Ehsan Rangiha
- Sister Walaa Abada is a labor and delivery nurse based in Dearborn, Michigan.
- She holds a B.S. in Nursing and Psychology. Abada is planning on resuming her studies to complete her doctorate in midwifery studies.
- In addition to her professional career, she is a lecturer and mentor for young girls.
- Abada is the cofounder of the Majalis of Zainab, a nonprofit project that aims to teach and inspire young Muslim females through year round religious programming.
Sister Walaa Abada
- Sayyid Abathar Tajaldeen is a practicing attorney and counselor with At Law Group based in Dearborn, Michigan.
- He focuses his practice on business, nonprofit, and immigration law.
- Tajaldeen has a background in nonprofit leadership and management.
- He is the Executive Director of the Mainstay Foundation where he focuses his work on strategic planning, resource management, and community partnerships.
- Additionally, he is a lecturer and teacher with the foundation.
- Tajaldeen holds a J.D. in Law and B.A. in Economics and Political Science from Wayne State University.
Sayyid Abathar Tajaldeen
- Haj Jalal Moughania is a practicing attorney and counselor at law.
- He is a partner at the AT Law Group based in Michigan, where he focuses on the firm’s business law practice.
- Moughania holds a J.D. in Law and a B.A. in Political Science and Psychology.
- He serves as the Deputy Director at the Mainstay Foundation.
- Moughania is also a researcher, writer, and lecturer on topics related to Muslim-American identity, civic society, and Islamic thought.
Haj Jalal Moughania
|Individual tickets||Full week
17th – 23rd
17th – 20th
20th – 23rd
|2-5 year olds||£120||£90||£90|
|Family rooms||Full week
17th – 23rd
17th – 20th
20th – 23rd
|Room with 2 single beds +
(1 child under 2 years old)
|Room with 3 beds||£770||£540||£490|
|Room with 4 beds||£950||£665||£600|
|Room with 5 beds||£1,100||£785||£720|
|Room with 6 beds||£1,250||£875||£800|
|Room with 7 beds||£1,360||£995||£860|
|Room with 8 beds||£1600||£1036||£935|
|Room with 10 beds||£1,900||£1,200||£1035|
Please note, coach seats cost an extra fixed fee of £20, for one way or return bookings. This fee is for 17th departure, and return on 23rd.
What you get for the price
60+ activities to choose from.
Three course meal, three times a day.
Family friendly Islamic environment.
Cinema on site (for children).
Connect and benefit from great speakers, mentors and facilitators.
Variety of workshops throughout the week.
All our activities are insured.
Qualified and trained staff to rely on.
Trekking Shropshire’s beautiful and varied landscapes.